How do I find the terminal and operator for an order?

Hello, I’m using the Java SDK, trying to consume some orders from the orders api, and I can’t figure out how to tell what employee rang up an order or what terminal the order was rung up on? Is this even a thing in the available data? Thanks.

At this time the employee_id is on the payment for an order. If you take the payment_id from the order and call GetPayment you’ll get the team_member_id of the employee that took the payment if you have Teams enabled. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you! Seems odd that it’s not on the order api response though.

Is there any way to get the register id or the terminal id? We’re trying to map orders to physical cameras present at the register, to sync the video feed with the timestamps on the orders.

There is device_details which has a device_id that could be used to map payments taken on a specific device. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you. In short, terminals and employees are not associated to orders or line items, but only to payments, which association can be used to indirectly link order → employee or order → terminal.