Client cancellations within online booking

I am wondering if there is a way that when clients cancel appointments within the online booking app, if it can let the business owner know that they have cancelled instead of “disappearing” on the appointment books. It drives me crazy, when I KNOW someone had an appointment at a certain time and then they cancel (which is fine) but on my appointment calendar, the scheduled appointment simply goes away with no notification to me as the business owner. When people book appointments the spot is saved with a different color appointment holder. Can this be done with cancellations as well?

Thank you for your help.

Denae

Hi @dmbrown welcome to the forums!

Are you referring to Square Bookings API, or just Square Appointments in general (no API)? If the latter, then as far as I know, the staff with notifications enabled should be receiving an email and/or text whenever a customer cancels an appointment. If you’re not getting appointments, please reach out directly to our Appointments Support using this link: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/4993-contact-square-support (note this forum is mainly around our developer APIs and SDKs, not our first-party products unfortunately).

Please let me know if I misunderstood or if you have additional questions!