I am deleting a booking with Square API but it is giving me this error, "cannot transition via \"seller cancel\" Can anyone guuide me how to resolve it?

I am deleting a booking with Square API but it is giving me this error, "cannot transition via "seller cancel" Can anyone guuide me how to resolve it?

What’s your application ID and the booking_id? :slightly_smiling_face:

Application ID: sq0idp-ouqEOAo2ZWFpnb1d49J-SQ
Booking ID: v6gbnrtrmui2bi

@Bryan-Square any luck?

Hey @QaisarKhan! This error is occurring because you’re attempting to cancel a booking that hasn’t been accepted by the merchant yet. The booking can be accepted or declined via Square’s first party products that support appointments.

We’re making some documentation changes to make this more clear, so thanks for flagging it for us!

If you have a use case that requires canceling unaccepted bookings via API, we’d definitely be interested to hear about it.

@josh-square thanks for responding.
I am interested in declining the appointment. Can you please share me the link of documentation pointing to decline the appointment? Thanks

Sorry for the unclear wording here. The documentation updates we’re making are to make it more clear that unaccepted bookings cannot be canceled via API.

If you’d like to decline the appointment, that can be done through your Square Seller Dashboard’s Appointments section. Appointments can be Accepted or Declined directly from the notifications panel, or by clicking on the appointment in the Calendar.