Changing Order Fulfillment Type

Hello. Trying to use Zapier with little success. Need to take an order from kioskbuddy that is put into Square dashboard as pickup and convert it to shipment. I am able to create a new order from previous order parameters with zapier, but then i’m left with two of the same orders - one shipment and one pickup. Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Collin

:wave: I’m Square Dev AI, here to help answer your question!
Based on the information you’ve provided, the following documentation will help answer your question:

Additional Documentation

Order Fulfillments
Order-Ahead Sample Application
https://developer.squareup.com/docs/orders-api/quick-start/start

If this documentation helped you find a solution, please check the box indicating that this reply solves the problem.
Otherwise one of our Developer Advocates will provide additional assistance shortly.

Unfortunately the open order will remain in Square with the pickup fulfillment and it’s currently not possible to change a fulfillment type. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the response. I tried using Zapiers Custom Actions to update the order and it seems as if its working except I get the the below order.version error. Maybe that’s the reason you’re saying an order can’t be updated?

I really appreciate your help on this!

Regards,
Collin

{“errors”: [{“code”: “BAD_REQUEST”, “detail”: “Missing required parameter.”, “field”: “order.version”, “category”: “INVALID_REQUEST_ERROR”}]}

Response Data

data

errors

errors

code

code

BAD_REQUEST

detail

detail

Missing required parameter.

field

field

order.version

category

category

INVALID_REQUEST_ERROR

Have you reached out to Zapier about this error if this is with there integration? They’re the ones that manage the code for the integration. :slightly_smiling_face: