Can we disable/deactivate a location by logged in as a merchant/customer?

Hi,

When I log in to Square using my developer account, I have a provision to deactivate/reactivate a location in the square developer dashboard. Do we have this same functionality enabled for the merchants/customers as well? Thanks!

:wave: Yes, with the Locations API you can UpdateLocation to deactivate or enable a location. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the input @Bryan-Square :slightly_smiling_face:

@BeiTeck No, the ability to deactivate or reactivate a location in the Square developer dashboard is specific to the developer account and is not available for merchants or customers directly through their Square accounts. The developer dashboard provides additional functionalities and tools for developers to manage their Square integrations and applications. For merchants or customers who use Square for their business operations, location activation and deactivation are typically managed through their Square Dashboard or Square Point of Sale (POS) application. Merchants can log in to their Square account and access the Locations section to manage their active or inactive locations. However, it’s important to note that specific features and capabilities may vary based on the merchant’s subscription level and the tools available in their region. If you are a merchant or customer and need to deactivate or reactivate a location in your Square account, it is recommended to log in to your Square Dashboard or contact Square’s customer support directly for assistance. They will be able to guide you through the process and provide any necessary support to manage your account and locations effectively.