Can I access customers across sellers?

I want to create an application that allows me to retrieve a list of recent purchases made by a user across any seller using Square. Is that possible? Glancing at the API documentation, it seems that Square requires you to stick to one seller’s account at a time.

It would look something like this:

1. User provides email + grants permission/consent
  2. Look up email in Square DB and retrieve customer Square account
  3. Display list of customer’s recent purchases at Square sellers

:wave: With Square you’ll need to use OAuth to allow your application access to the information in the Square sellers account. Once you’ve been OAuth’d then you’ll need to make a series of API calls to get all the Payments API ListPayment and Orders API SearchOrders to get all the purchases for a customer. You’ll need to call both of the APIs cause the customer_id won’t alway’s be present in the order. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Bryan-- What if I don’t want to involve any particular seller at all? In other words, I’m trying to build a platform where users can sort of use Square like their “wallet”. I don’t want to use OAuth to connect to a Square seller because I want to connect directly with a Square customer, regardless of what Square sellers they may have purchased from in the past. Does that make sense?

Unfortunately, connecting to Square sellers customers directly isn’t available. Since the customer information is specific to a Square sellers account you have to be OAuth’d to access the customer information. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like