Which API should I use if I want to manage inventory on a daily basis?

I want to control the number of stocks for web payment by setting the upper limit of the number of stocks for each day. which api should i use?

With Square you’ll use the Inventory API to manage all inventory. However are you wanting to set the maximum quantity that can be sold for an item? For more our Monitor Sold-out Item Variations documentation. :slightly_smiling_face:

For example, is it possible to keep 100 items in stock on 12/1 and only 10 items on 12/2?

Yeah, you can update the inventory count with the Inventory API to adjust the counts. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think there is a difference in recognition, so I will explain carefully. for example Imagine a bakery. In the case of a shop that makes only the number of orders for the inventory after 3 days I want to manage the inventory by date and time, such as the inventory on December 1st, the inventory on December 2nd, and so on. Is it possible to manage the number of orders placed on 12/1, the number of orders placed on 12/2, etc.? As far as I checked, there was no other way to manage the Inventory API with one inventory number for one product.

Are you wanting the inventory count to automatically deduct after every order? If so it will if you have inventory tracking enabled and are using the Orders API for any online/in-app orders. Otherwise all other adjustments would need to either come from the Seller Dashboard or the Inventory API. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 in stock on 12/1
20 pieces in stock on 12/2

Is it possible to set like above?
Which API in the inventory API?
I want to try it in explorer.

Yes, it’s possible with BatchChangeInventory. Any change to the count can be made with this endpoint. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Change inventory with ‘Batch change inventory’ and ‘Retrieve inventory count’ Get in stock at?

Does that mean that I can only hold one inventory for one product?

I would like to manage inventory by date for one product. Is it possible?

It would be helpful if you could show me an example.

If you want to manage the inventory by date your application will update the counts each day. There ability to set counts for items that very each day isn’t currently available with our APIs. :slightly_smiling_face:

I would like to set the inventory for multiple days and acquire the inventory for multiple days instead of updating the inventory count every day. for example 12/10 stock set to 10 I want to set the inventory of 12/11 to 20 and get the inventory numbers of 12/10 and 12/11 with a specific API

Is it possible?

The Inventory API is a running count. It’s not a day by day count so you’d need to set the count for each day. Setting a specific count for several days in the future isn’t currently possible with our API. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

got it.

I understand it means that 1 product is 1 count.

Fortunately, there is only one product, so we will create a product for each date and manage the inventory for each day.

For example product_20221201

thanks