What are the characteristics of a valid Square document ID?

I would like be able to validate whether a string input conforms to a valid Square document ID for Item, Item Variations, Order, Invoice, and Customer objects.

I have inspected a limited number of them but I have no way to determine if that small sample size is truly representative.

What is the allowable range for length?
What character types are allowed?

:wave: Are you referring to the ID that Square configures when one of the objects that you listed are created? If so they are alpha numeric values that can vary in length. There currently isn’t a specific character limit for them. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Bryan!

Yes, I refer to the 'ID` that Square configures when one of the objects that I listed are created.

Is there a practical minimum character count specified in order to avoid collisions?

Thanks for clarifying. Currently if varies from object to object but basically they are alpha numeric values that can vary in size. Some include a prefix, for example: inv:0-ChAPMapok3A3hj6yHnaujXMmELUP which is an invoice. They all have inv: before each ID value. :slightly_smiling_face: