View payments for OAuth-connected merchants in dashboard

I have a platform where merchants can connect to Square via OAuth and take payments. I need a way to quickly browse and search payments received by merchants on our platform, for support purposes. The merchants themselves can look them up under Payments on their own dashboards, but I don’t have access to those. My platform seems to have its own seller dashboard but nothing shows up there as we don’t take payments directly. I can’t even find a list of currently connected merchants anywhere.

I could pull merchants and their payments via the API, but it’s not very convenient to do it that way, especially for non-technical support staff. On some other payment platforms, it’s possible to use the dashboard to view connected merchants and the payments we’ve taken on their behalf, and even view the dashboard as a connected merchant would see it. Is there a view or permission or anything like this on Square that I might be missing?

:wave: At this time there isn’t an application Dashboard where you are able to see all the merchants that are OAuthed and the payments that they’ve taken with your application. Currently you will have to use the APIs to get all the data from a merchants account. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

I second this feature request. Have a support inquiry where buyer claims they were charged twice and seller is saying they don’t see any duplicate transaction. It appears the buyer was in fact charged twice based on things our app does when we get a success response, but I have no way to verify this as I don’t have this visibility into the connected account

1 Like