V2 API Coupon Codes

Hi, can’t message you, i’m looking of a way of redeeming a code from a marketing campaign, i’m using checkout api, any way of including 6 digit code there? or get a catalog id for that 6 digit code before sending checkout api request?

Currently redeeming a marketing campaign coupon isn’t currently available with the Checkout API.

+1 on please develop a Coupon API for CRUD on customer-entered promo/discount/coupon code (e.g. SAVE20 or DISCOUNT20) entered by the customer in a web form to obtain the coupon discount but not available to all customers (only valid when entered at checkout).

+1 on a Coupon API for CRUD on customer-entered promo/discount/coupon code (e.g. SAVE20 or DISCOUNT20) entered by the customer in a web form to obtain the coupon discount but not available to all customers (only valid when entered at checkout). Can you please notify us when this is live.

Hi. I would also like information on this feature, please can you message me. I do not see an option to message you. Thanks

@sjosey @Bryan-Square - Any update on this functionality?

Any progress on this in the last year???

+1 here, looking for a way to create coupon codes programmatically

No updates at this time however this is a very popular feature request and we hope to have more options for you soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I guess this post that states that it is supported is not accurate unfortunately Solved: Re: Discounts Product Team Q&A: Ask us anything ab... - The Seller Community

Adding a +1 for this feature! We build apps for sellers and they would like to run special promotions (ie BOGO, Happy Hour, Birthday rewards) or even things like sending a dollar off coupon for completing a customer survey, but to my knowledge there’s no way this is supported. An api where we can create a coupon code that represents a discount that could be redeemed via the POS or Orders API would be SUPER helpful!

@Bryan-Square any updates here?

:wave: @dtdsouzaTW At this time there isn’t any current updates on this feature. This is a very popular feature request and we hope to have more for you soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

Any update on this @Bryan-Square? It would be an awesome feature that most competitors already offer on their platforms… feels like sometimes Square is lacking some basic features

At this time there isn’t any additional update on this. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello, I am interested in the solution for redeeming coupons with Square. Thanks.

@eman8519 If you’re unable to find a specific endpoint for creating coupon codes in the V2 API documentation, it’s possible that the functionality might have been restructured or deprecated in the newer version. In such cases, it’s recommended to consult the official Square documentation or reach out to their support or developer community for the most up-to-date information on how to generate coupon codes using the V2 API. Square’s developer resources, including API documentation, can be found on their official developer website. You can check their documentation or developer forums to see if there have been any changes or updates regarding the creation of coupon codes through the V2 API. Remember that Square’s API documentation and resources are regularly updated, so it’s essential to refer to the most recent documentation and reach out to Square’s developer support channels for accurate and up-to-date information on working with the V2 API and generating coupon codes.

Is there still no update on this? It’s been two and a half years!

Hi @markmcspadden, did you ever get a response to this question? I know that one is not shown here but maybe it was direct to you.

@Bryan-Square Is there any update on this functionality? Or at least an ETA? Clearly the APIs exists since I have examples of 3rd parties generating coupons.

1 Like