Unable to create discount on subscription

Hi

I am building our subscriptions functionality for the recurring period subscriptions to our website content.

To create the subscription we create an order for a subscription, retrieve its payment link, and the user pays it. This is working fine.

I am now working on the administrative functions where we might wish to discount a period as a goodwill gesture to a customer. At the end of the discounted billing period, charging will return to normal.

I am aware that this temporary price changing is not supported on the Subscriptions API, but I can submit an override price down the API, and submit another request later to remove the override price.

To do this I believe I should hit the

/subscriptions/[sub_id] end point with a PUT request containing

“price_override_money”: {
“amount”: 2000,
“currency”: “USD”
}

but I am getting an error
Status code 400
{“errors”: [{“code”: “BAD_REQUEST”,“detail”: “Price override not permitted when order template ID present.”,“category”: “INVALID_REQUEST_ERROR”}]}

I check the subscription and it does have an order template ID present in the JSON.

Can I do anything to override the price if it was originally set up on an order like mine was?

I suppose I could achieve this with plan changes with a different price then a later plan change to put it back but I’d prefer to keep the plan the same if I can.

Thanks for your attention
Richard

What’s your application ID? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi bryan

sq0idp-ITEkSGW0bOAfyA5GKthIBg

Richard

@Bryan-Square are you going to respond to this please?

Sorry for the delay. I’m checking with the team cause the error your getting has to do with order template ID. :slightly_smiling_face:

Is there a better way to raise this issue via a support channel as my development is now blocked waiting for you.

According to the team a price override isn’t currently available with subscriptions created by payment links. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks, Brian.
As that is the two hundred and eightieth time you’ve used that phrase on these forums (according to search), could you let me know how often you feed back to them, how often they actually do anything you suggest? Do you compile a list? Is there a documented feedback loop for this?

Thanks
Richard

Update here! According to the team if you take the order_templet_id and retrieve the order with that ID. You can call UpdateOrder to add a discount to the order rather then using price_override. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks I’ll try that!