Square Appointments should automatically adjust a service time based on staff member. It's a simple feature that all other appointment companies support, except for Square

I have multiple barbershop locations and I have been wanting to move them all from our current appointment booking platform to Square Appointments. I use Square for literally every aspect of my businesses except for Appointments because it is missing one particular feature that is necessary for me and I have been trying to find a way to get this added for years.

Some barbers perform a haircut service in 20 minutes, others in 30 minutes. Currently in Square Appointments, you have to create a service for HAIRCUT with a duration of 20 minutes and assign the staff that applies to this service duration, and then create a second HAIRCUT option with a duration at 30 minutes and apply the staff that applies to this duration. Seeing multiple services with different time durations on the platform service menu is confusing for a client that just wants a haircut with the first available barber.

The platform should allow me to create ONE service for a haircut (or whatever service it is) > add staff that performs this service > choose how long that service takes for each individual staff member > and automatically adjust that time duration on the on the schedule/calendar for the service for the corresponding staff when someone books online. Instead a customer has to choose from multiple services with the same name and different time durations and is confusing for them, not to mention it congests the booking page with too many of the same services and is also confusing for a customer.

This is a feature that literally every other appointment software company offers, EXCEPT for Square and is truly the only thing stopping me for transferring my business. How can I go about requesting for Square Developers to add this in to simplify the process for my clients?

We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slight_smile:

Thank you for responding. Is there a way to push this along even further? I have talked with the Appointments team on the phone numerous times since the platform was launched. They all say they will pass along the suggestion, but it has been years of inquiring and this feature has never been added.

If there is a way for me to assist in pushing this through I am surely willing to do it. I love Square services and Appointments is the single aspect of my business that I do not use Square, I would truly love to have all of my businesses needs on your platform.

Thank you

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately there isn’t anything that would push this feature along further. The team will be prioritizing the work that needs to be done over the next year which will include new features like this. Sadly we don’t have a way to track or a public roadmap for feature like this. :slight_smile: