Source not displaying properly in Square Dashboard

I’m seeing an issue where the source in an order created via Orders API sometimes does not show up in the Square Dashboard properly. Instead of showing the source set via API, it shows up as “Point of Sale”. It’s seemingly random when this happens, you can even retrieve the order via the Retrieve Order endpoint and see the correct source.

For example, the merchant’s ID is MLBKSBQ4AVS52 and order ID is hdtWUrKVX7DssTtH8qhl9SGmxZCZY. The order has a source of “POS 2” but shows up as “Point of Sale” in the Square Dashboard. Other orders show up fine as “POS 2”.

Any insight as to why? This isn’t the first time this scenario has been reported to us.

Thanks for brining this to our attention. I’m checking with the team. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Bryan-Square - Any update on this?

@Bryan-Square I never got a follow up from the last time this was reported. Any update on this?

As mentioned before this isn’t the first time this has been reported to us. I have another merchant reporting the same issue. Merchant ID is E9RQG60SEWVSW and order ID is vK96FWlV4CTCVFrpHDbwJxcqXWEZY. The order has a source of “Outdoor Kitchen” but shows up as “Point of Sale” in the Square Dashboard.