skipReceipt android

Good day everyone,

Is there a way to skip the whole receipt option like there is on iOS with the SQUARE POS API?

I’ve found the autoReturnTimeout but it has to be 3200 milliseconds. I’d like to just be return back to our app once the transaction fails or completes

Hi! There’s no setting to skip the receipt screen with Android Point of Sale API. However, you can set your Point of Sale app’s settings to skip the receipt. It’s found in More > Settings > Signature and receipt > Skip receipt screen.

Okay, yeah we were aware of the setting, just not something you can set remotely for all users (from what I’ve found)

In this android documentation, it does mention something about autoReturnNoTimeout but doesn’t seem to explain how to implement that. I’ve got the 3200 millisecond autoreturn to work, but if noTimeout is possible, we’d definitely prefer that.

Do you know if it’s possible?

Currently noTimeout isn’t available with the Point of Sale API. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face: