Redirect URL In Sandbox

Previously (Within the last month). When going through the Sandbox checkout, the Redirect url that was passed up would display on the last step of the checkout flow, it no longer shows and instead is a Square generated URL, that clicking on just takes you to the sandbox checkout.

I’ve verified the API logs are identical between the last time I tested and now.

Was this changed? If not… what could be causing this?

Screenshot 2023-08-02 150157

Hey @firey! Thanks for flagging. Looks like this was a side effect of another change. We’re looking into a fix :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome thanks! Was definitely confused.

Hi. I know this is redundant but I am also getting the same issue. Thank you.

I’m reaching out to the team to see if there’s any update. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also getting same issue and looking forward to an update!

I just tested and it showed the correct redirect_url. Do you have the steps to reproduce? :slight_smile:

Hi Bryan,

I would like to follow-up on this post.

I used the Payments API to Create a Payment, however, I do not see a “redirect_url” parameter available similar to the deprecated Checkout API. I have seen the “checkout_options: { redirect_url: URL}” in other threads, but that is not working for me. Which brings me to my next question. Whence testing payment links in the sandbox, will we always be redirect to (sample): Checkout API Sandbox Testing Panel. Ultimately, I would like to redirect the user back to my site, and perform some final tasks before ending the session.

If you are able to support me with this question, thank you in advance.

Luis

This is a known gap with sandbox and payment links. They don’t redirect in sandbox. They will in production. You can test this in production by creating a $0 payment link to see the redirect. :slightly_smiling_face: