Receive Webhook payment.updated Only for Specific Customers

Currently, anytime a payment is processed in Square I receive the inbound webhook payment.updated. This webhook works how it should.

Is there a way for me to only receive the payment.updated payload when a specific button is pressed on the Square POS register?

For my application, I only need to know when some customers’ transactions are processed, not every single customer. It is for a loyalty program. So, if the customer is not a loyalty member, I do not want to receive anything from Square.

Is it possible to only receive a webhook when a customer is associated with a transaction?

Or is there an alternative webhook subscription I should look into to solve this?

Thank you!

At this time the ability to filter the payment.updated event isn’t currently available. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you, Brian.

Is there another webhook endpoint I could listen to instead?

For example, Is there a webhook endpoint that sends a payload if a customer is associated with a transaction?

So if a customer profile is connected to the sale I would receive the webhook payload.

If no customer profile is connected to the sale, I don’t receive a webhook payload.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a webhook event that only fires when a customer is associated to a payment. :slightly_smiling_face: