I have a problem when trying to make transactions through the Square Payments API KEY, it says that it requires an active account, however, my Square account is still active but my production API KEY is not.
Before you can accept card payments through your Square account, you’ll need to complete the last step, which includes a basic identity verification. To complete the activation process:
- Sign in to your online Square Dashboard > click Activate Your Account to take payments.
- Select Verify Your Identity.
If you are having trouble locating your Setup Guide on your Square Dashboard and you already started the enrollment process for Square Online:
- Go to your Square Online Overview page and select Settings > Checkout.
- Under Square, select Verify Identity.
- On the next page, complete all required fields regarding you and your business.
If you have any trouble entering your information, keep these tips in mind:
- Enter your legal first and last name. If you recently changed your name, enter your previous name. (e.g., If you recently married, try entering your maiden name.)
- Use your current home address. If this is the address you initially entered, or if you’ve moved within the last 6 months, try using your previous home address.
Square may request that you submit additional information, including a selfie and your physical government-issued photo identification document (copies won’t work), for verification purposes before your account is activated. You’ll receive an email notification if we need more information.
If you received the notification, log in to your online Square Dashboard and select Verify Identity. Follow the prompts to complete and send the images to us for further review.