Order paid through the terminal does not have the state updated and not appear in the order list

I recently implemented payment through the square terminal, but I have noticed that orders paid using this method are not updated after payment confirmation.

Analyzing the webhooks log, I noticed that the only updates regarding the order are of the order.created and order.fulfillment.updated types. All others refer to the terminal checkoutl.

I consulted the order api directly to see the state of the order, and the order state still appears as open.

I believe that because of this lack of update, the order is not displayed in the order list on the web panel.

The orders I am analyzing are:

• pcYNhDuiljrmDvLaEdET1ORRKcAZY (terminal checkout kE7j5Gk7QtYqO)
  • 5iN2QRnbYb3vBIjlBiUFncEYjFIZY (terminal checkout szbb9BU4bhjqO)

Another problem I’ve been encountering are payments initiated through the terminal that are canceled during processing (a few seconds after starting).

Querying through the terminal API, it’s informed that the cancellation was initiated by the user, but I did not provide any form of cancellation in the interface (kiosk). And apparently the user did not interact with the terminal after touching the card/device (the customer sent me some videos, as we are in different countries).

The checkouts I was able to verify this behavior are:

• 4kvayuHMiilqO
  • zVrlgyRXFWmqO

Can you get more details about how the cancellation was initiated (whether through an API request or requested by the user through the terminal itself).

:wave: I’m Square Dev AI, here to help answer your question!
Based on the information you’ve provided, the following documentation will help answer your question:

Additional Documentation

Order Fulfillments
Orders API
Square Developer

If this documentation helped you find a solution, please check the box indicating that this reply solves the problem.
Otherwise one of our Developer Advocates will provide additional assistance shortly.