Mobile Payment SDK - iOS Forgetting Paired Reader after closing app

Mobile Payment SDK - iOS Forgetting Paired Reader after closing app… not sure why…
Here’s how I open the settings manager, maybe that’s why it’s not saving it?

TO be clear, i can open it, pair it, etc. but when i close the app all the way and re open it, the list is empty

func presentSettings() {
if let windowScene = UIApplication.shared.connectedScenes.first as? UIWindowScene,
let rootVC = windowScene.windows.first(where: { $0.isKeyWindow })?.rootViewController {
MobilePaymentsSDK.shared.settingsManager.presentSettings(with: rootVC) { error in
if let error = error {
print(“Failed to present settings: (error.localizedDescription)”)
} else {
print(“Settings presented successfully.”)
}
}
} else {
print(“Failed to get root view controller”)
}
}

:wave: I’m Square Dev AI, here to help answer your question!
Based on the information you’ve provided, the following documentation will help answer your question:

Additional Documentation

Connect a Contactless Reader
Build on iOS: In-App Payments SDK
Enable Apple Pay

If this documentation helped you find a solution, please check the box indicating that this reply solves the problem.
Otherwise one of our Developer Advocates will provide additional assistance shortly.

Are you looking for the reader right after you re-open the app? It does need to re-establish it’s secure session before it show. Also how long was the app last connected to the reader. Also did you push the button on the back of the reader? :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for getting back to me Bryan! I’m waiting about 10 seconds before opening the settings again, and after pairing it on the last session- it now says “No Payment Hardware Connected, if you have a Square Reader, you can pair it to begin taking payments”

Which i assume means that it forgot the last reader I paired.

What happens if you push the button on the reader? :slightly_smiling_face:

When I push the button on the reader, nothing happens. I think the app is actually forgetting that it is paired fully for some reason. Just stuck on “Connect hardware to take payments” on the payment screen.

Let me know if you are able to hop on a call to help me troubleshoot this. It would be so incredibly helpful. Have a few hours free right now.