Migrating Sandbox services to Production Account

Hi, I have recently created a sand-box account and tested for integration to front-end application. Now, I want to move my sand-box account to production account. Can you please help me with the detailed documentations or steps if available.
Thanks,

When your ready to deploy the application to production you’ll need to:

• Replace your Sandbox access token and application ID with production values.
  • Update your code to make API calls to Square production endpoints.

These tasks include:

1. Get production application credentials. In the “Get Sandbox application credentials” section, you obtained Sandbox credentials. Follow the steps to open the Developer Dashboard, but this time choose Production mode and copy the production application ID and access token.
  2. Update script references. In the ADD SCRIPT REFERENCES section, you added script references in index.html. Update the domain string in the JavaScript reference from sandbox.web.squarecdn.com/v1/square.js to web.squarecdn.com/v1/square.js.
  3. Provide your production application ID. The Web Payments SDK requires a valid application ID to return a payment token. In the “Provide your application ID” section, you provided a Sandbox application ID. Update the code by providing your production application ID.
  4. Configure your backend server to use a production access token. In the “Configure the backend with your access token” section, you provided a Sandbox access token. Replace it with the production access token.

If you want to test the application in a production environment (squareup.com), you must use an actual payment card. Note that Square actually charges payment cards in production. Therefore, if you must test in production, charge minimum amounts. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Bryan,

I need someone to explain this process to me. I’m not a developer. I’m a farmer. I don’t want to be coding anything, so I’m stuck.

I got my Production Application ID and Access Token, but I don’t know where to put them or what to do next.

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Who developed the application that your using to test with? I’d recommend reaching out to them cause they’ll have the specific steps to switch to production with the integration that your using. :slightly_smiling_face:

I did it all within Square and WooCommerce.

Okay, Great! So with the WooCommerce integration there isn’t any additional credentials you need to configure. You’ll need to switch to production in the WooCommerce settings. :slightly_smiling_face:

But how? My Location isn’t showing up. It says Default Test Account, not my business. But I have the business as a Location in my Square dashboard.

Do I put my Production numbers where the Sandbox numbers are? Nowhere within Woo support do they talk about moving into production.

UPDATE (since I can’t reply again): I disabled Sandbox Mode, and my business shows up. I ran a card, and it worked! So I don’t need the Production numbers? I’m good to go?

Thanks so much for your time!

You won’t configure the production credentials because the WooCommerce integration uses OAuth for production payments. According to the WooCommerce documentation you’ll do the following:
To begin using WooCommerce Square, you first need to connect your site to Square by following the steps below:

1. Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Square.
  2. Select Connect with Square.
  3. Log in to your Square account. You must be the owner of the Square account to authorize WooCommerce to connect.
  4. Select “That’s My Site – Redirect Me” to return to your site.
  5. Once your account is authenticated, fill out the remainder of the fields (such as Business location and Sync settings).

You’re now connected to Square! Now, you can start configuring the settings.

:slightly_smiling_face: