Managing Payment Links - Dashboard vs API

I am playing around with creating Payment Links that we can send to customers to receive payments. We created one in the dashboard using Payments → Online Checkout, and even used it to receive a payment.

Then I moved onto the Checkout API (using the Square-PHP-SDK from github). The ListPaymentLinks function does not show the link I created in the Dashboard. I used the CreatePaymentLink function to create a couple of payment links. While they do show up in the ListPaymentLinks function, they are nowhere to be found on my Square Dashboard.

Is there something I am missing as to why the API and Dashboard are not sharing the Payment Links with each other?

:wave: At this time ListPaymentLinks only shows payment links created by the API. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Dougvan,
Probably read this thread: Server error when buying a subscription

It describes a problem I have
And the explanation on checkout links from Rchen
And the workaround I currently have in use

Is still true? I have been creating payment links in the API explorer, and they do not appear in the Dashboard. I create in the Dashboard, and the API does not list them.

Yes, this is true. Payment links created with the API aren’t available in the Square Seller Dashboard. :slightly_smiling_face: