Loyalty Sandbox

Hello everyone,

I have run into an obstacle with the Square Sandbox: when I click on Loyalty, I am taken to the setup page for Square Loyalty, including setting point values, an initial reward system, etc. At the end, it asks for a credit card to begin a free trial. My understanding from the Loyalty Announcement page is that I shouldn’t need to set this up in the Sandbox to start testing. Am I incorrect? Is there a way to avoid setting up a payment card, but still test with the Loyalty GUI in the sandbox?

Thank you for your time,
Peter

Hi @pbzeg, welcome to the forums!

I believe it does this to mimic the production one. Note that you will not be charged in sandbox, but to be safe, you can enter the generic “4111…” credit card number with whatever for CVV, expiration date, and postal, and it should go through successfully.

1 Like

Thank you @sjosey,

This is great! I did not know there were generic test credit card numbers. Thank you again,

Peter Zeglen

1 Like

I’m only able to fill in the Name on Card field in the sandbox. To get to Card Number input field I have to use the tab key, and I can’t input any data, nor for any of the fields afterwards.
Using latest Firefox on MacOS Monterey.

Any suggestions?

I was able to replicate and have escalated this to the team. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Bryan-Square thanks for the escalation, any movement on this? It seems that I can’t test the Loyalty API in sandbox without being able to create a dummy subscription to it. :frowning:

The team has deployed a fix for this. Let us know if you have any trouble. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s working as expected. Many thanks for the quick turn-around. :smiley: