Loyalty API Released in Beta

We’re excited to announce the brand new Loyalty API in beta! For the first time ever, you can extend Square Loyalty outside of Square to third-party online and mobile channels. Now, sellers can expand their Loyalty program to wherever their buyers shop, whether it’s an order-ahead app or an eCommerce site. With Loyalty API, developers can enroll customers in loyalty programs, view details of loyalty accounts, accrue and redeem loyalty points, and more. Check out the documentation to get started. Feel free to ask questions or provide feedback here!

3 Likes

:raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands: YES!! Great news!

2 Likes

Will there be a way to test the loyalty in a sandbox mode without signing up for a 30 day trial or paid monthly?

Yes, you have access to the Loyalty program in the Sandbox test account, without needing to sign up for the 30 day trial or paid loyalty program. So you should be able to build your loyalty integration using Sandbox.

Is there any way to access the Loyalty Coupons that are on a Customer account? In the past when a Loyalty Reward was not used during the completion of a sale the Reward would be “converted” to a Coupon on the customer’s account. I have been doing some experimenting with the new Loyalty API but I can’t find any way to list of manage those coupons.

You can see all of the capabilities of the Loyalty API in the technical references (https://developer.squareup.com/reference/square/loyalty-api), but looking up a loyalty reward (I think that is what we have that is most similar to the coupon), can be done using the Search Loyalty Rewards endpoint (https://developer.squareup.com/reference/square/loyalty-api/search-loyalty-rewards).

You can always check out our guides as well, for some help in building your integration:

If I execute the “searchLoyaltyRewards” with an empty search criteria the call is supposed to return all rewards. When I make this call I get an empty results. I know that I have customers with “coupons” on their account:
Annotation 2020-06-16 101407

Only rewards created via the API will be returned by the searchLoyaltyRewards endpoint.

These “Coupons” created via the POS reward redemption are an intermediate solution that will eventually be phased out.

Rewards created via the API should be deleted if unused so that the point balance can be returned.

1 Like

Thanks for update and quick reply. I’ll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same info.

alaskasworld