Items synced to ecommerce dont have an assigned category

Hi! sorry to bother again, but ive been having an issue when creating catalog objects.
The item will create properly on the dashboard, but the “ecommerce” side will not have the category assigned (eventho it shows the proper category on the main dashboard).
It will also not take the “default” option for pickup that has been set up as the delivery method.

This ONLY happens when creating the items via the API, if we manually create the items or with the csv, the item will be properly imported into the ecommerce side of Square.

Any ideas? do i have to add any specific fields on the upsert request for this to work?

:wave: Do you have an example item_id of an item that is showing incorrectly and one that is showing correctly? Also what’s your application ID? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here is the info!, thanks for the help. Its very important for the “ecommerce” side to properly work since the idea is to transition to that, and having to manually edit all cards would be a no go.

here is the app id: sq0idp-egnmCxf1-xvCHMGbAEaptg

i just created a new test item via API, same wrong results (fullfilment defaults to shipping instead of pickup and no category assigned)

not working fine: QIBAQ7GIDUTWJEPCSU5CLUDX

(created via csv) working fine: 2XT73FJXXSSXOIF5GLMGRNGY

Thanks for providing the information. Looking at what you provided the category for both items is KKJQ6BCAPCJWAETQCVYGLJPS. Where in the Dashboard are you seeing the issue? :slightly_smiling_face:

not in the main dashboard.

from the dashboard go into Ecommerce >>> Online.

that takes you into the “ecommerce dashboard” , items are suppoused to be automatically synced there.
they get synced without the category and fullfillment options if created via the API.

let me know if you need further clarification

is there any particular object data i need to add for them to be properly synced?
it just seems weird that the item copies over but it doesnt seem to keep the category and doesnt follow the “default fullfilment options”.

I see both items in the Ecommerce section of the Dashboard and they both don’t have a category in the item of the Online Store. This is cause categories in the Online Store are different then the ones in the main Dashboard that are created with the APIs. The categories in the Square Online Store aren’t currently available. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks, please make sure to mention the “default fullfilment option” issue as well.
I am sure this is related.

At this time the configuration for the default fulfillment for items in the Square Online Store aren’t available with our APIs. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face: