We started integrating our business with Square Payments via the Payments API and have a few questions we were hoping the community could help answer & verify! We make use of the Web SDK to display the payment flow.
Our setup currently is:
- Customer clicks ‘Pay’ which invokes the card module via Web SDK
- Customer’s payment data is tokenized via Web SDK
- A payment is created via the Payment API
- What is the API rate limiting? Based on 2019/2020 answers, it looks like this is not publicly disclosed, but since it’s been 2 years, figured give it a shot
- Is the API rate by Merchant? Or is it per API? Trying to understand what would count towards the API rate limit
- Would customers potentially face issues bringing up the payment component if there are too many users trying to access it at once?
- Similarly, would customers face issues tokenizing their payment information due to this rate limiting?
Thank you in advance! Looking forward to giving our customers the best UX