Install php sdk without root or console access

My website is hosted by canadianwebhosting.com, on a shared server. As such, I do not have root access, but only cPanel and FTP to access my files.

Since I cannot “install” dependencies such as Composer, is there any other way around this shortcoming? The only application that I would like to set up is to accept card payments. I have spent a lot of time reading and trying different approaches, but have reached a dead end.

I asked my host about installing node.js, and it would require moving to a Virtual server, at about twice the price.

Suggestions? Thanks.

:wave: Have you looked into manual installation of the SDK? :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, I read it, but didn’t fully comprehend the instructions. In my case, I am installing the scripts in a folder named ‘members’. I was trying to wrap my head around trying to configure a $base_dir.

The manual install instructions are also a bit vague on what to do with the additional dependencies, and where to install them. Do they all get placed in the same folder, or in individual unique ones? Sorry to be so dense… :o)

I will try again!!

Update… What I found a bit confusing was the first statement “you can manually install the following packages by cloning them into your root PHP directory.”

What I didn’t understand that I was to first create the 3 folders listed, and THEN copy the packages into those folders. Also, the folders do not need to be at the root level, but that they could be located in my ‘members’ folder (right?).

Next, I copied my Access Token into a new index.php file, and copied the autoload.php file, but I am not sure if ‘new \Square\Baz;’ should be commented out. I left it alone, for now.

At least progress is being made.

Thanks for letting us know your progress. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Further update: Not making much progress, and I’m sure it is something very basic that I am missing.

I want to locate the necessary SDK files not at the root level, but in a ‘members’ folder/directory. Something like:

members/square/square-php-sdk

members/apimatic/jsonmapper

members/apimatic/unirest-php

Re: file permissions? Not mentioned what they should be set to, but I tried changing to 0755. Is this required?

Should the autoload.php and index.html files I created be placed in the root directory (members/), or where exactly?

And… since this is a manual install, where or how do I generate a vendor directory?

Thanks any guidance. I realize it should be obvious to me, but I’ve gone off the rails, it seems.