In Sandbox, how do you verify that the 7 day trial for a subscription plan is working?

We are a new customer and have not moved to production.

I am using the online-checkout/payment-links API in Sandbox. When testing it produces the customer checkout page and goes through the test process. I have confirmed that it produces an order and a payment record. However I can not find a customer or subscription record. The plan has a 7 day free trial. period. When I look at the payment it shows the status as completed with the amounts that should be charged after 7 days. Is this normal? If so, how do I confirm that the customer will not be charged for 7 days? Also why was the customer and subscription not created.

Below are the API parameters:

{
“checkout_options”: {
“redirect_url”: “https://localhost:44339/PaymentAccepted.aspx?d=35c16a18-16df-428f-b8c7-85cc28a12d6b”,
“subscription_plan_id”: “3GRAGBLUEEOU6DA2QI46GNZQ”
},
“idempotency_key”: “35c16a18-16df-428f-b8c7-85cc28a12d6b”,
“order”: {
“location_id”: “L29788JV2N2M9”,
“pricing_options”: {
“auto_apply_taxes”: false
},
“taxes”: [
{
“uid”: “S001”,
“name”: “Aspire Monthly Subscription - Free 7 Day Trial Period”,
“percentage”: “7”,
“scope”: “ORDER”,
“applied_money”: {
“amount”: 1999,
“currency”: “USD”
}
}
],
“line_items”: [
{
“quantity”: “1”,
“base_price_money”: {
“amount”: 1999,
“currency”: “USD”
},
“name”: “Aspire Monthly Subscription - Free 7 Day Trial Period”
}
]
},
“pre_populated_data”: {
“buyer_email”: “[email protected]
}
}

Thanks,

Jim

At this time a subscription won’t be created in sandbox once you progress through the steps to checkout in sandbox. I can confirm that it does work in production. The order will have the customer_id and that subscription is returned when you query for it with SearchSubscription by customer_id. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face: