Sandbox Subscription Checkout Link goes to error page

The generated link on the subscriptions section for the checkout link goes to an error page

in production it will direct to a checkout page fine, it just fails in sandbox

link for reference
https://sandbox.square.link/u/8eNuF6d2

What’s your application ID? :slightly_smiling_face:

sandbox-sq0idb-aqULrTEKtoHQS7gDisBIKQ

On a separate note, does the checkout API create payment endpoint create an invoice when an order is passed in for a subscription?

I know that a subscription ID contains a list of invoices but not orders. I will have a subscription per business profile so I am trying to figure out if I need to track the subscription Id along with the business profile, the “user” id or both to track the subscription status.

I hope that makes sense, thank you for your help!

Yes, a subscription and invoice will be created with Payment Links in production. At this time the sandbox experience is a bit lacking for the subscription flow and Payment Links. :slightly_smiling_face:

So best practice would be to track the subscription ID since that would contain the relevant information as far as subscription status is concerned, right?

That’s correct! The subscription will have all the relevant information. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m looking at the explorer response and on the create payment link endpoint there is no subscription plan id in the response. it includes the invoice and order information and the subscription plan but not the actual subscription

Right, the subscription plan is created when the customer pays through the link. Till then no subscription is available for the link. You’ll want to listen to webhook events to be notified of the subscription creation. Unfortunately you won’t be able to test this in sandbox since subscription events aren’t created in sandbox. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m afraid checkout link for subscription created in the sandbox still resolves to error.

Would the subscription api work in the sandbox?

I’m not seeing any API calls with that application. How are you generating the link? :slightly_smiling_face:

I am currently getting an error page on Subscription links. I’ve tried two different versions and both resolve to error pages. Any thoughts?

What error message are you getting? :slightly_smiling_face: