Subscription not created

Hello, I use Subscription Plan Checkout for creating new subscriptions!
A new plan is created in the Sandbox Dashboard, but a new subscription is not created, why?

Any help please? What am I doing wrong?

What’s your application ID? Once you created the plan did you then create the payment link with the plan_id then pay for it in sandbox? Only when it’s paid for will the subscription be created. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, after create plan, I create a payment link and pay for the order, but the subscription is not created. APP - sq0idp-MurmrvGBwLqk-LZUcjqk6Q

This is unfortunately a limitation with our sandbox and subscription payment links. They unfortunately won’t create a subscription in sandbox. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks, but how can I define a subscription? I get a webhook with payment.created event, I can get the order id from the webhook and make a new request to https://connect.squareupsandbox.com/v2/orders/ will there be subscription information in the response?
If I’m doing it right, can you send me an example of such an answer? So that I can add integration based on it.

There isn’t really a good way to test subscriptions in sandbox with the payment links at this time. In production you’ll get a payment.created event as well as a subscription.created event. Once you have the subscription event you can then call the Subscriptions API to get any additional information about the subscription.

Please note that the order on the original checkout won’t be the order for the subscription. It changes once the subscription is created. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks, Can we expect the implementation of subscriptions in the test environment for payment links in the near future?

We unfortunately, don’t have public roadmaps for features or improvements like this however I will share this feedback with the team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello, @Bryan-Square!
I need your help! Can you give me complete information?

I’m creating a new subscription via a payment link, apparently it’s the Checkout API. How can I attach additional information in the request body? For example, I need to specify a customer ID in my store or an order ID in my store.

In the case of Order Checkout, when creating a payment link, I can specify the payment_note parameter with the information I need, but what if I use a payment link in a Subscription Plan Checkout ? How do I get my information from the webhook that comes with the Subscription Plan Checkout?

@Bryan-Square, can you help me with this?

At this time with subscriptions created with payment links there isn’t a way to pass custom values that are available in webhook bodies. You can pass in custom values that you can get via API when a subscription is created. So you can listen for events and when a subscription is created call the API to get your custom values.

You have several options on where you can put your custom values. For example you can use order Custom Attributes or order metadata. :slightly_smiling_face: