How to link a Payment to an Appointment (API)

Hi - I have developed an app that is based on Square Appointment. When a customer pays at the POS for an appointment, the Payment appears on the Booking when I check on the Square Terminal.

My question is: How can I retrieve the Payment for a Booking using the API’s?

When I start from the Payment object returned by the API, I see I can get the “order_id” for that Payment… but cannot retrace back to the Booking.
And the other way around: when I start from the Booking object returned by the API, I do not see anything in that object that points to a payment for that Booking.

Feel free to let me know if I am missing something there.

1 Like

:wave: Currently, with the APIs there isn’t a way to map a booking to the payment or order. Nor is it possible to map the payment or order to the booking. This is a very popular feature request and we hope to have more options for you soon, so thanks for your continued patience. :slightly_smiling_face:

Please we are waiting for this feature i think for more than 3 years already, i saw that you guys have been working on the bookings API lately, please add this feature so we can relate these two, a payment with a booking.
It would be very helpful, there is still a way but implies a lot of programing and assuming certain hours, names, etc (multiples keys so they can relate) for the association. @diane-uwa
Link a payment to a booking in square api
Please add this feature.
Thank you

This is a very popular feature request and we hope to have more options for you soon, so thanks for your continued patience. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello @Bryan-Square it has been more than a year now, any news on linking a payment with an appointment? (booking)

Thank you very much, hoping that you guys fix this and well be able to do this relation, thank you!

At this time we don’t have any additional updates on this feature. We hope to have more for you in the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi, I am having this exact issue. The private Square API (/appointments/merchant/api/reservations) endpoint does this, but the public one does not. This would be hugely beneficial! Please add support for this!

Thank you

+1 this is very needed feature for Bookings and it’s already available in private API as bookings are linked with payments when using POS
Please add this to public API