How do I get what timezone the customer booked in from?

Hi all!

This has been quite frustrating but I’m trying to figure out how do I get what timezone the customer booked in from. I would expect to find it when I use the ‘Retrieve booking’ function.

I get the start_at return of “start_at”: “2020-11-26T13:00:00Z”

But this actually tells me nothing! I dont know when the person is actually booked in for as it has no reference to their timezone.

I’m in Australia so we have 3-4 timezones. I can’t just covert to a standard timezone as it could be 3 hours behind.

I need to be able to take the booking data and put it into another application my client uses.

I tried looking up the customer by ID in hopes maybe it’s stored on their data set…but it’s not.

Hoping for a solution or for a quick fix to add this data to one of the fields…

Cheers!

With the Bookings API the customer can book in any timezone. The timezone on the booking is always the timezone of the location the booking is created at and to get the timezone of the location you’ll need to call the Locations API. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the reply but that does not help. I need the timezone of the customer not the location of the appointment…

Basically I need to take the booking data and put it into a CRM. This CRM requires that I put in the time of the booking. I need to know the timezone so I can convert it from the +0GMT you guys provide. I can work with +0GMT but I need to know what timezone the customer picked when signing up.

Basically if I can’t get this data I can’t use this booking system…

If the CRM requires you to know the time the booking was created we have the created_at timestamp that’s in UTC. You can convert that to +0GMT. :slightly_smiling_face:

I dont need to know the time it was created… I need to know the timezone the customer booked in…

Okay, I was a bit confused cause this was the way the CRM was described.

Unfortunately at this time the timezone that the customer is in when creating the booking isn’t currently available with the Bookings API. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Honestly, that’s just terrible not to include. If anyone wants to take booking data and put it elsewhere they’ll be lost without it.

Any idea how long it would take for it to be added to the dataset from the api? Surely wouldnt take too long to put it in?

At this time we don’t have a public roadmap for features like this. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face: