How can I get past this error? INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS

Following code below I am getting this error:

[{‘category’: ‘INVALID_REQUEST_ERROR’, ‘code’: ‘INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS’, ‘detail’: “This account’s email is linked to a current Weebly Account.”}]

The instructions from square tech support:

Thanks for reaching out.

The team is working on a fix for this issue and as a short term solution to get past this error you can sign up for a Square Online Store. It’s totally free and you don’t have to go live with the site. Once you sign up for an online store you’ll be able to create the payment links.

Back to me: However you can see that this doesn’t work. Their solution doesn’t work. See sample video recording: Sync.com | Control Panel

I have a deadline for the SqPaymentForm which is supposed to stop working on Monday October 31, 2022, but I cannot migrate to the new code because of an error with the API. This leaves me in an impossible situation.

Sample code:

client = Client(
    access_token=access_token,
    environment=environment)

def create_payment_link():
    result = client.checkout.create_payment_link(
        body={
            "idempotency_key": idempotency_key,
            "quick_pay": {
                "name": "Auto Detailing",
                "price_money": {
                    "amount": 12500,
                    "currency": "USD"
                },
                "location_id": location_id
            }
        }
    )

if result.is_success():
        print(f"Payment Link: {result.body['payment_link']['url']}")
    elif result.is_error():
        print(result.errors)

This is a known issue that the team is working on. If you sign up for a Square Online Store account which is free then it will resolve the issue. You don’t need to go live with the online store you just need to sign up for one. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you. I tried that but it still didn’t work. Anyway, I decided to use the Web Payments SDK instead. That seems to be working.

Interesting, well glad to hear that you’re using the Web Payments SDK. :slightly_smiling_face: