Have 3 differents currency payments api

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding currencies. I have a website and I want to enable subscriptions. Currently my company is based in Canada, but I have members in the USA, France and Canada.

Currently I use Stripe and Stripe allows me to bill in EUR and USD and when it sends the money into my Canadian bank account (payout), then it converts to Canadian dollars.

So I’m looking to use SquareUP (for Stripe replacement), so what is the procedure to be able to do subscriptions in USD and EUR?

I did some tests and often I received an error stating that my requested currency was different from the merchant’s currency. So in the SandBox test accounts, i create a account with the USA country…

So i created a subscription plan and subscription variation in the USD … And i was able to create a subscription in USD ?

I wonder if this is the right way to do it?

Thanks for your help !
Have a great day

Pascal

Thanks for your help !

At this time the ability to allow your customer to pay in the currency of their geo and settle in the set currency of your account isn’t currently available. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback and we hope to have more for you soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your response.

Where can i see the currency of my account! I check in the dashboard but i didn’t find it ?

Thanks Bryan !
Have a great day !

If you call ListMerchants it will have the currency of the account. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok great !
In my Developer dashboard, i have my applications listed, and below, i have Sandbox test account ?

The sandbox test account is what you called “merchants” ?
Because when i go to API explorer and i select “Merchants” and “List merchants”, the API explorer ask me to choose a “Access token”

https://developer.squareup.com/explorer/square/merchants-api/list-merchants

When i choose a token, it shows me the “merchant” when i run it.
So, if i need to sell a product in Euros, i have to create a sandbox test accounts and i choose the country i want…(ex. France) So then, i will be able to charge in Euros ? with of course a subscription plan configured in euros

If i can do it in the sandbox test accounts, i will be able to do it in my production account ?
Thanks !

Am i right ?

Thanks so much !
Pascal

Yes, you are correct. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Bryan,
Thanks so much ! I really appreciate it !
Sorry for my response time !
I have one more quick question…

I will attach 2 images with this message. In the Sandbox test accounts, if i choose an account and i click on the button at the right to show details ‘View details’

I see my Access Token and and Refresh token, but why i have an Expires date ?
I mean, in my back end, i will create custumer and subscription, but after the date (expires date) my back end will stop working? Is there a way to prevent having a expire date ?

I mean, in the frontend i use Web Payments SDK, and then in my backend, i will use my Access token to create a SquareClient en then create customer and subscription, but will i need to change my backend every month to edit my Access Token ? Or it,s only for sanbox account? and when I use my real account (not the sandbox account) there will be no expiration date for the token?

Thanks so much
Have a great day

Thanks so much
Have a great day

The additional sandbox accounts are designed to represent other seller accounts that you’re OAuth’d too. This is why the access tokens expire every 30 days. If your building an application that isn’t going to be shared with other Square sellers the access token from the credentials section of both your production and sandbox won’t expire. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Bryan,
first of all, I want to thank you because you helped me a lot!

I’m a little confused at the moment…
In my developer dashboard, if I choose an app, and in the left menu, I choose ‘locations’ I cannot add other locations? to be able to do subscriptions in others currencies such as Euros or USD.
How can I do ?

Thanks so much again !
Have a great day !

Hi :slight_smile:

Any suggestions ?
Thanks so much !

To summarize, I have a website and I have members in the USA, France, Belgium and Canada… etc. I do not sell any products… but simply the user pays to be able to access a section of my website.

I want my members in France to be billed in Euros, and my members in the USA to be billed in US dollars. And that my members in Canada to be billed in Canadian dollars.

@Bryan-Square , I understand that I need to bill in my country’s currency(from my SquareUp account)
When i created my SquareUp account, i select Canada, because i live in Canada and my business address is in Canada.

So my question is : to bill in Euros and US dollars, what should I do?

Thanks,

At this time the ability to bill in a currency other then the currency of your account isn’t currently available. We hope to have more for you in the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok, but can i create another Square account in USA and France, even if my business address is in Canada ?
Thanks !

If you create accounts in those geo’s you’ll have to pass the ID verification. In the US to open an account you’ll need a Social Security number. In France you’ll need to provide proof or residency. Plus you’ll need to have a bank account in those regions. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you Bryan for your patience and all your help you provided to me, you are very very kind

Have a great day !

Pascal

Do you think it is a good idea to ask a “feature request” for that?

Because i have read older posts dated in 2019 and 2021 of people who had the same issue with selling in multiple currencies…

Are “feature requests” read by the development team and the people who make decisions?
Thanks