Feature Request: email reminder within Subscriptions

Hello,

In the State of Washington, the following are requirements for offering subscriptions to customers:

1) clearly and conspicuously disclose the automatic renewal offer terms; (2) send a reminder notice to consumers in advance of any automatic renewal that clearly and conspicuously identifies the automatic renewal offer terms; and (3) include specific information in the advance notice emails and letters/postcards that informs the consumer the notice is about the renewal of their subscription.

I am sure these requirements are found in many other states as well, and I am sure there are federal guidelines as well.

I would request that Square offer a way within the Subscription feature to allow me to comply with these requirements. Basically, I would like an option to send clients reminders, similar to the reminder feature offered in the Recurring series Invoice. In addition, I would like to have full control over what that email notice looks like and the ability to preview it, both in the Recurring series and Subscriptions.

Finally, in the Recurring series, there is no way to go back and add a reminder once the Recurring Invoice is created. Please allow me to add a reminder if I click “Edit recurring series.”

Here are links to federal requirements and WA state requirements:

Federal

State

Thank you,

Steve Sorbo

We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you, Bryan for your quick reply.

Steve