Didn't find class sqip.internal.HttpModule_OkHttpClient

Didn’t find class sqip.internal.HttpModule_OkHttpClient$sqip_releaseFactory

Hello everyone. I have a question for the square team or if anyone has had this happen. Trying to enable Google Pay digital wallet, I get this error and it breaks the app.

It breaks when trying to execute the sqip.GooglePay.requestGooglePayNonce function. Any leads?

BTW, I get the googlePayToken fine, with all the signature data, protocolVersion, etc.

What version of In-App Payments SDK version are you using?

Also if you could send us a Gradle build scan, or the entire build.gradle file (for dependency info) that would help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sure. this is the version of in-app payments SDK

implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-wallet:16.0.0'
implementation 'com.squareup.sdk.in-app-payments:google-pay:1.3.0'

This is my entire build.gradle as you requested.

ext {
    junitVersion =  project.hasProperty('junitVersion') ? rootProject.ext.junitVersion : '4.12'
    androidxJunitVersion =  project.hasProperty('androidxJunitVersion') ? rootProject.ext.androidxJunitVersion : '1.1.1'
    androidxEspressoCoreVersion =  project.hasProperty('androidxEspressoCoreVersion') ? rootProject.ext.androidxEspressoCoreVersion : '3.2.0'
}

buildscript {
    repositories {
        google()
        jcenter()
    }
    dependencies {
        classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.6.1'
    }
}

apply plugin: 'com.android.library'

android {
    compileSdkVersion project.hasProperty('compileSdkVersion') ? rootProject.ext.compileSdkVersion : 29
    defaultConfig {
        minSdkVersion project.hasProperty('minSdkVersion') ? rootProject.ext.minSdkVersion : 24
        targetSdkVersion project.hasProperty('targetSdkVersion') ? rootProject.ext.targetSdkVersion : 29
        versionCode 1
        versionName "1.0"
        testInstrumentationRunner "androidx.test.runner.AndroidJUnitRunner"
    }
    buildTypes {
        release {
            minifyEnabled false
            proguardFiles getDefaultProguardFile('proguard-android.txt'), 'proguard-rules.pro'
        }
    }
    lintOptions {
        abortOnError false
    }
    compileOptions {
        sourceCompatibility JavaVersion.VERSION_1_8
    }
}

repositories {
    google()
    jcenter()
    mavenCentral()
    maven {
        url 'https://sdk.squareup.com/public/android'
    }
}

dependencies {
    implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-wallet:16.0.0'
    implementation 'com.squareup.sdk.in-app-payments:google-pay:1.3.0'
    implementation 'com.squareup.sdk.in-app-payments:card-entry:1.5.3'
    implementation "androidx.core:core:1.1.0"
    implementation 'androidx.appcompat:appcompat:1.0.0'
    implementation fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: ['*.jar'])
    implementation project(':capacitor-android')
    testImplementation "junit:junit:$junitVersion"
    androidTestImplementation "androidx.test.ext:junit:$androidxJunitVersion"
    androidTestImplementation "androidx.test.espresso:espresso-core:$androidxEspressoCoreVersion"
}

Hello @Bryan-Square,

Do you know what could the problem could be? Is there something you would like us to try? We are still having this issue. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. We tried posting this in the Slack channel (in-app-payments-sdk) but we haven’t received an answer there yet.

Thank you,

If you update to the latest version of 1.5.5 does it resolve the issue? 1.3.0 is a very old version. :slightly_smiling_face:

apparently it was a version issue. 1.5.5 does not crash the application but it gives me this error.

“google_pay_unexpected_retrofit_failure”

The Square In-App Payments SDK encountered an unexpected error. Please contact Square developer support via Square Support Center - US and provide them with the debug code: unexpected_retrofit_failure.

That’s great that it resolved the crash. What’s the detailed error message in your server logs or the API Logs for the failed payment.

The payment has not been processed yet, I get this error when I try to get the google pay nonce.

with PaymentData from

import com.google.android.gms.wallet.PaymentData;

I mean, it’s an error handled, I got the message from part of the function response.

Where do I find more information about this error?

What’s the application ID?

It’s a sandbox account

sandbox-sq0idb-9H7MzyxMZP_e6GY9VA6xrw

Could you provide app gradle file?

Do you mean build.gradle?

This is my build.gradle.

ext {
    junitVersion =  project.hasProperty('junitVersion') ? rootProject.ext.junitVersion : '4.12'
    androidxJunitVersion =  project.hasProperty('androidxJunitVersion') ? rootProject.ext.androidxJunitVersion : '1.1.1'
    androidxEspressoCoreVersion =  project.hasProperty('androidxEspressoCoreVersion') ? rootProject.ext.androidxEspressoCoreVersion : '3.2.0'
}

buildscript {
    repositories {
        google()
        jcenter()
    }
    dependencies {
        classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.6.1'
    }
}

apply plugin: 'com.android.library'

android {
    compileSdkVersion project.hasProperty('compileSdkVersion') ? rootProject.ext.compileSdkVersion : 29
    defaultConfig {
        minSdkVersion project.hasProperty('minSdkVersion') ? rootProject.ext.minSdkVersion : 24
        targetSdkVersion project.hasProperty('targetSdkVersion') ? rootProject.ext.targetSdkVersion : 29
        versionCode 1
        versionName "1.0"
        testInstrumentationRunner "androidx.test.runner.AndroidJUnitRunner"
    }
    buildTypes {
        release {
            minifyEnabled false
            proguardFiles getDefaultProguardFile('proguard-android.txt'), 'proguard-rules.pro'
        }
    }
    lintOptions {
        abortOnError false
    }
    compileOptions {
        sourceCompatibility JavaVersion.VERSION_1_8
    }
}

repositories {
    google()
    jcenter()
    mavenCentral()
    maven {
        url 'https://sdk.squareup.com/public/android'
    }
}

dependencies {
    implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-wallet:16.0.1'
    implementation 'com.squareup.sdk.in-app-payments:google-pay:1.5.5'
    implementation 'com.squareup.sdk.in-app-payments:card-entry:1.5.3'
    implementation "androidx.core:core:1.1.0"
    implementation 'androidx.appcompat:appcompat:1.0.0'
    implementation fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: ['*.jar'])
    implementation project(':capacitor-android')
    testImplementation "junit:junit:$junitVersion"
    androidTestImplementation "androidx.test.ext:junit:$androidxJunitVersion"
    androidTestImplementation "androidx.test.espresso:espresso-core:$androidxEspressoCoreVersion"
}

These two dependencies need to match the latest version 1.5.5. You’ll need to update them. :slightly_smiling_face:

Unfortunately updating the dependencies did not solve the problem. I keep getting the same message.

“google_pay_unexpected_retrofit_failure”
The Square In-App Payments SDK encountered an unexpected error. Please contact Square developer support via http://squareup.com/help/contact and provide them with the debug code: unexpected_retrofit_failure.

Are you getting this with the emulator? If you try it on your device do you get the same error? Looks similar to this issue.

It is not exclusive to the emulator. I tried it on a device and it gave me the same message, only in Spanish, because the device has that language by default.

Here is a screenshot of the debugger so you can see the result of the function

@Bryan-Square Do you know what could be going on? What do you recommend us to try next so we unblock this issue. Thank you!