Desperately need "Square Customer ID" on the Series Export

I export the csv files from Square, which are the customers, series, invoices, and items and then I have a bunch of python code that validates gym membership and billing information for the business I work for.

We REALLY need to get that Square Customer ID on the series export. Right now I am making an ID based on the customer name + email address but Square has a separate issue where if I update an email in the customer profile it does not go in and reflect on the series. That might be intentional by Square but Product should re-think that since any updates to the customer profile are likely requested by a customer and any subsequent billing would go to that email address.

I can support a phone call to help the engineers better understand, thanks!

Thanks for the feedback @ff.clt, we’ll pass it along as a feature request! In the mean time, have you considered whether it would be viable to use Square’s APIs to retrieve this information? This way you could assemble your own reports, instead of being constrained by what’s available in the CSV exports.

I have considered that, the CSV reports are literally exactly what I need minus not having the reference ID on them. It seems like pulling all customers and all series, invoices, would require more of a full stack application but I am open to suggestions if others are able to pull thousands of records in json and then write to csv

@josh-square is there any update on this? If not, is there a way to retrieve the series data through API calls?

At this time there isn’t any update on this. :slightly_smiling_face:

How can I get all the series data through the API then?

Just to be clear the report that your wanting to replicate with our API is the recurring invoices report, right? :slightly_smiling_face:

yes, I believe it is technically called “Recurring Series”

So option A - add customer Id to the manual csv export in the web-based app
option B - provide an API that can replicate that report with customer Id

At this time the ability to recreate the report with the APIs isn’t currently possible. This is because this report is listing the invoice series which we don’t currently have public APIs for. Also as you know the existing report doesn’t currently contain the customer_id. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face: