Create an order with type delivery

Hello,

Is there anyway to create an order of type Delivery through the API? When you look at the orders is Seller’s dashboard, delivery shows up as a type among type filters. However, I cannot seem to find a way to set the fulfillment type as delivery.

It is great to be able to create Pickup and Curbside orders. Since I am not able to create the delivery order type, I am not able to get Orders app to display the address information for the customer.

So do I need to use the fulfillment type SHIPMENT? I am new to Square platform so please excuse my ignorance:-(

Hi @wsadiq,

Unfortunately, the ability to retrieve the delivery details from a Square Online Store delivery order are not currently available for the Orders API. You will need to use the type SHIPMENT to be able to retrieve the details. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team.

I can not claim anything for “SHIPMENT” but I can gladly invite you to join us ( as the people waiting for the launch of “DELIVERY” fulfillment type in the “ORDER API”) at https://developer.squareup.com/forums/t/new-delivery-fulfillment-type.