Catalog item updated webhook issue?

Any issues with it?
I can send/receive test events but when i update catalog items i don’t receive the webhook event.
It stopped working just recently for me.
Yesterday it was ok.

Not that I’ve heard of; I just tested on my production account and received a webhook immediately after editing an item. Can you share your app id and a sample catalog object id that didn’t send a webhook?

1 Like

First of all, i want to mention that the problem is still there and my colleague is also facing it while using his own app, his own dev webhook, etc.

My app id: sq0idp-7xbXlwXS14Jx6UslaYBm-A
Example item id: M34MJJZIZSKDHV46LOKLMZWK

Thanks for sharing that. So that item lives in sandbox, so to be clear you would only get webhooks in sandbox for changing it, not in production.

Your sandbox app id as far as I can see is sandbox-sq0idb-5P7DNs8QyQLf0Dh4HVmOrg, which has 159 catalog.version.updated webhooks that have been sent in the last 3 days. With that said, they all look like retries, so it appears you’re not actually receiving or responding to us, so they’re probably not being seen by you. They’re being sent to an ngrok server you provided, so make sure it’s actually running if you’re trying to test this.

Let me know if I’m misunderstanding something here though.

@sjosey i think it’s better if i show you a screencast of the issue so we skip a lot of (reasonable) assumptions that I’m missing something obvious. I don’t think i am…

Please have a look at the screencast

And here is my webhook settings screenshot:

Interesting! I’m not sure where the other logs were coming from, but I tested this on my sandbox account this time, and also am not seeing the events fire. I’m escalating to our Catalog team and will follow up once I hear back from them. Thanks for reporting, and sharing enough info for us to dig into it :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

i think i know where they are coming from. They must be retries (location.updated event) from the previous accounts that failed for some reason and now they can’t succeed either because the connected to my dev app square account is different already (i.e. the location.id is not present in my dev db anymore)

Anyway, waiting for the feedback from your team…

I’m currently seeing the same issue on my sandbox account. Is there any update on a fix? @sjosey

the webhook seems to be broken again

Thanks for sharing, I’ve escalated to our Catalog team.

1 Like

Looks like they’re firing again. I think something outside of the Catalog was broken that was causing it to not fire unfortunately. Can you confirm you’re seeing these webhooks again?

yep, it works now. Btw when it’s broken is it broken for sandbox only or for production as well?

Only in sandbox so far, but we definitely appreciate you reporting it!

1 Like