Catalog API requirements

Hi,

I am implementing an integration with Square. The feature we want to include is to only sync Prices between our application and Square. The Catalog API Requirements section is expecting us to sync complete catalog object including taxes, images and discounts etc.

The question is that is there an option for us to only sync prices and leave other properties. I am asking with respect to publish the app in Square’s marketplace. We want to fulfill the requirements?

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards

When updating an object using the Square Catalog API, you must include the entire object that’s being updated. By providing this information, you help maintain the integrity of the data and allow for seamless synchronization of the object’s state. This practice is essential for avoiding conflicts and ensuring that your updates are applied as intended. :slightly_smiling_face:

This part is still unanswered.

Sorry if it was unclear in the initial response but you have to include the entire object. If any field is left out the catalog will think that it’s not set. :slightly_smiling_face:

Actually what I wanted to ask was that we need to publish the app in Square marketplace. To publish the app there are requirements that square expects us to complete. Catalog API Requirements. Please see the page in there is a list of requirements.

It says that we must sync images, categories, taxes, discounts, modifiers etc.

I am asking that what if we don’t want to sync all of these. We just want to sync just few item properties like Name, Description, Sku, prices etc.

Can’t we publish the app in Square marketplace in this scenario?

I hope the point is now clear!

• Your app successfully syncs an item with one variation to Square.
  • Your app successfully syncs an item with an item image to Square.
  • Your app successfully syncs an item with multiple variations to Square.
  • Your app successfully syncs an item with multiple item images to Square.
  • Items synced to Square from your app are associated with a Square category.
  • Your app can sync taxes to Square.
  • Your app can sync discounts to Square.
  • Your app can sync modifier lists to Square.
  • Your app successfully syncs an item with one variation from Square to your platform.
  • Your app successfully syncs an item with multiple variations from Square to your platform.
  • Your app successfully syncs an item with an item image from Square to your platform.
  • Your app can sync an item with a location price override (the correct price must be shown for the location chosen in your platform).
  • Your app can sync a category with items from Square to your platform.
  • Item availability by location in your platform matches the Square catalog.
  • Minimum/maximum selections are respected for modifier lists.

I am talking about these requirements.

Alternatively if there is any explanation available on these points. Most of the More Details link redirects to the Object and properties details.
I want to know the details about the expectations of Square to become eligible to publish the app.

Any help would be appreciated.

Well, in all fairness those are the documented requirements. If you feel that you don’t need to follow the requirements because of the way your app works we suggest that you discuss that with the Partnerships team when submitting your app for approval on the App Marketplace. :slightly_smiling_face: