Cannot retrieve address information from Checkout URL order

I’m creating a checkout url with the mailing address data gathering turned on, the user goes to the url and places the order, and I get an email with the user’s mailing address for fulfillment in it. So far so good.

I then look up the order using the connect.squareup.com/v2/payments api, and the order is there but no address info.

I then look up the order using the connect.squareup.com/v2/orders/batch-retrieve api, and the order is there but no address info.

I can’t find any ways to get the address. There is no customerid, or anything else I can look up that I can find.

Any suggestions?

Example Orderid: “gHPO7sdqXOek0TuK2Ajip9M7ynEZY”

:wave: With the older Checkout API you’ll need to call the deprecated RetrieveTransaction with the order_id. In that response will be the customer_id that was generated at the time of checkout. If you call RetrieveCustomer with that customer_id you’ll get the address that was collected at the time of checkout in the response.

Please note the Checkout API is updated with new features . We recommend that you use the new CreatePaymentLink endpoint in place of the previously released CreateCheckout endpoint. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for the guidance - that worked!

On updating to the new system, it appears that you cannot specify “additional_recipients” in the new system. Am I missing something?

Glad to hear that worked. Currently, app_fee_money isn’t currently available. They is a very important feature and we hope to have more for you soon. :slightly_smiling_face: