Can we create an invoice without order id using API Call?

Hi Team,

I have a question regarding Order in Invoice.
So when we create an invoice using API call in SquareUp sandbox account, order id parameter is required but when we create invoice from the UI form in SquareUp sandbox, order id parameter is not required.

Can we create an invoice using an API call in SquareUp without order id?
If it is possible then please give some information regarding this.

Thanks & regards

With the Invoices API you have to create an order to then create an invoice. The order is the primitive of all invoices and required. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your response.

I have a question regarding Order.

I created an order using order API in SquareUp API Explorer for Sandbox and I got a successful response.

After creating an order using API, the order is not showing in the order list on SquareUp Sandbox Test Account.

This is the screenshot of my sandbox account order list:

How to find orders on SquareUp Sandbox Test Account which is created using order API ?

Could you please help me with this?

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this.

Thanks & Regards

At this time only orders with fulfillment details that have been fully paid will be pushed to the Square Dashboard Items & Orders > Orders section, so that sellers can manage fulfillments within their seller Dashboard. The Orders API currently supports two types of fulfillment orders: Pickup and Shipment . Read more about how to make fulfillment orders in our Create Orders guide. :slightly_smiling_face: