Can I use Checkout API along with Subscription, Customer and Webhook APIs?

Hello everyone!

I’m trying to implement SquareUp with my project where I have some special logic:

1. Use SquareUp-Hosted Checkout Page - it’s working already on my side
  2. After successfull payment I would like to get some webhooks (Order created - it’s working fine, Customer created - system doesn’t fire it, I need to save customer token to make futher payments such as single payment or add subscription to customer, Subscription created - didn’t test it yet)
  3. Once I get customer webhook and I save customer token, I offer customers to order subscription by one click (I’d like to use customer token to create subscription via api)

and I have a few questions:

1. is it possible to complete SquareUp integration with 2nd and 3rd points of my project’s logic?
  2. if answer “yes” to above question, is it possible to create subscription via api with trial days?
  3. if answer “yes” to above question, how can I solve issue with webhooks when it doesn’t fire?
  4. I read some topics where it says that sandbox and production has differences and I need to test it with real payments, is it correct?

Best regards,
Dmitry

:wave: I’m Square Dev AI, here to help answer your question!
Based on the information you’ve provided, the following documentation will help answer your question:

Additional Documentation

Payment API: Process Online and In-Person Payments
Payments API Webhooks
Subscription Plan Checkout

If this documentation helped you find a solution, please check the box indicating that this reply solves the problem.
Otherwise one of our Developer Advocates will provide additional assistance shortly.

A customer will be added to a payment from a checkout link. However there isn’t a way to configure the checkouts to store a card on file.

Is there a reason that you wouldn’t initially sign the customer up for a subscription and then if they choose to upgrade use the Subscriptions API to update the subscription? :slightly_smiling_face: