API for sending / receiving money via cashapp $CashTags

As a business who wants to send some users money via CashApp and receive payment via CashApp, would be great if you supported sending / receiving via $CashTags in the API’s.

2 Likes

Unfortunately sending and receiving money via $CashTags with the APIs isn’t currently available. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team.

I second this feature request. Also, have an ASAP client request for a solution to snd small amounts of money to a bunch of people. Ideally through an API, but since that isn’t possible, is there some other bulk payment platform that we can use to upload a CSV with cashtag and amount?

Has there been any further development on API so that payment can be sent to CashTag?

Hi @Bryan-Square ,

Has this been worked on or is it prioritized for a future release by any chance? Any update on this is very appreciated!

Thank you :slight_smile:

No updates to report here unfortunately. We definitely appreciate the enthusiasm here though :smiley:

Any update on when this feature would be integrated? Woiuld love to incorporate it into twitch alerts.

No, additional updates at this time. We’re constantly working to improve our offering based on feedback like this. :slightly_smiling_face:

+1 I use cash app for bills and having this feature would be extremely useful in the automation of that. Thanks!

Let’s make this possible. This would be integrated within my app within days hours minutes of it going live.

Anybody figure out how to rig this with a tool like Selenium?

I mean… Cashapp sends you an automated email verification.

Simply write a MX relay that’ll notify your service stack when the payment confirmation is received based on the amount received/subject

For years… I’ve been waiting for this feature.
Is the company even planning on making the Cash App API available ?

:wave: We currently don’t have a public roadmap for if and when this would be made available. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Bryan-Square NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Just… kill me now…

Unfortunately we don’t have CashApp support in our country(Pakistan) but I am working on a project for a client based in USA and he wanted to implement CashApp payments. I am aware of the tag and QR thing CashApp works with.
Not sure about the legal processes for company what I think as a flow how should it work is
~ An applications section on developer dashboard to create application keys
~ An endpoint for creating dynamic QRs based on product details and amount etc.
~ Customer scan the code to pay and CashApp servers will call a webhook with details of payment
~ Which then can be verified from developers’ code and purchase is done :thinking:

If you are using Woocommerce, there is a WordPress plugin called “Checkout with Cash App” that turns order details into QR codes on the checkout and thank you pages. Also an app called “Cash App for Shopify” for Shopify. I made them both btw

For WordPress
For Shopify

I am using laravel. I assume that your apps also work in conventional ways, Is there are way when someone pays on CashApp and our servers get notified afterwards without manually checking and verifying payment?

If a payment is made with the pay with Cash app method then a payment webhook event will be triggered. :slightly_smiling_face: