Cashapp receive payments webhook support

the ability to support web hooks as a form of notification of different events is pretty straightforward and doesn’t really need explanation. my request here is to support web hook support functionality for the receiving of payments using the cash app application so that when payments are received via the app that there is web hook URL notification as an option in the app so that at least a notification can be sent out to a URL notifying the URL that a payment has been received using the cash app app on a specific account… I don’t think this is a hard thing to implement you might be able to do it in a few hours but it probably should have been done years ago I’m not really sure why it hasn’t been done but it’s something that is preventing me and my customers from using your system for anything serious.

Right now we’re using procmail filters to parse through inbound emails related to notifications of receiving money from customers using the cash app payment application, which is not the most efficient way to do it but currently at this time which is December 2020 this is the only way it can be done right now…

if you can provide me with a timeline or roadmap on webhook notification of receiving payments using your “cashapp” app that would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @encinc thanks for the feedback!

Currently we do not have any APIs around the Square Cash App, so webhooks of course are not possible at this time. This is a common feature request, but unfortunately I do not have an ETA or roadmap of when it may come. I’ll update this to be a feature request for now.