API for Carts on the Terminal

I am writing an application where I would like to create a saved cart via an API call and then pay for that cart at the register.
Is there an API that will do this?
If not, do you know when it might be available?

:wave: Currently, the ability to create an order and pay for it in person isn’t currently available. We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face:

Based on Unboxed 2022, were any APIs released that could help me in this situation?

@jdana Yes, Terminal API now provides additional ways to work with payments: the ability to collect fees, delay the capture of payments, link orders with line items to a Terminal checkout, and take partial payments from cards with a limited balance. :slightly_smiling_face:

Bryan - Great news.
My specific use case involves needing to create a cart associated with a Square Customer with specific Square Items that the register can then bring that up and add/update items and then accept payment at the register.
I already have the customers integrated to Square, so it’s now a matter of creating a cart.
What are the steps to do that and is the POS API involved at all?
Thanks,
Jeff

Currently unpaid orders can’t yet push to the POS. This is a very popular feature request and we hope to have more for you soon. :slightly_smiling_face: