Android 12 Blank "Square reader" screen after enabling bluetooth in Reader Settings (Connect a reader)

Describe the issue

Both on my device and emulator running Android 12 I am getting the following screens.

To Reproduce

As you can see, when attempting to connect to the reader, I get asked the permission options (I have already granted the Bluetooth one when the app opens)

I enable each one, and on clicking on Enable Bluetooth I get the blank “Square reader” screen.

No reader ever appears to connect to it, and there are no other options other than to close that screen and return to my RN app.

Expected behavior

My code works well in android 11. When I upgraded to android 12 it was not showing connect a reader button in reader settings.

In Android 11 I see this screen.

We are having the same issue on a Galaxy S8 Tab, and we had a version of Android 12 running prior. So something has changed recently.

The team is looking into this. I’ll be sure to reach out with any updates. :slightly_smiling_face:

Having the same problem. Any update?

The team is working on getting a fix out. I’ll be sure to post any updates. :slightly_smiling_face:

Having the same problem. Any update?