Unable to load 'Connect a Reader' screen from settingsAsync on Stripe v2.5.2

(Apologies, I don’t have much detail because there isn’t anything in logs that I can tell and nothing happening visually)

I have a device that needs to support both Square and Stripe readers. I was running Square ReaderSDK v1.5.1 and Stripe Terminal SDK v2.0.0 and wanted to upgrade to v2.5.2. The issue arises after the upgrade when running startReaderSettingsAsync(). The Square modal pops up with the button to Connect a reader. Clicking on the button does nothing. No warning or info logs about anything broken, just nothing on screen, no swipe transition to the reader pairing screen.

We are also actively talking to Stripe devs to try and figure this out but I was curious if anyone here has heard of or run into a similar problem before?
Is there some check or prerequisite that occurs before the settings will navigate to the pairing screen?

1 Like

:wave: Is this with iOS or Android? Also what’s your application Id and the location_id your trying to pair the reader too?

1 Like

This is with Android only. Sorry I’m a bit new to the Square dashboard, where can I find those other two pieces of info? (location_id and application id)

1 Like

Hey! Here’s how you can get your location and application IDs:

1. Go to your Developer Dashboard .
  2. Click on + New Application (or click Open if you already have one, and skip the next step).
  3. Name the application and click on Create Application .

By default, this should take you to the Credentials page of your application, where you can find the application ID. You can find your location_id by clicking the Locations link in the left navigation panel.

1 Like

Application ID: sq0idp-o5hbOTnVORTQ2hkh-qZHWw
Location ID: VCCKYW0RTKBFM

If you update to the newest version of Reader SDK (1.5.4), does this issue persist?

I’m sorry. Which version are you referring to? The latest SDK I see as of 1/18/22 is v1.5.3

1.5.4 exists. The documentation update is pending—I think it will post very soon—but if you bump the version in build.gradle, you should find it.