Transaction was cancelled because a newer request was made before this transaction could complete

I am developing an app the uses Square Point of Sale API to take payments.

A customer is reporting a sporadic error message “This transaction was cancelled because a newer request was made before this transaction could complete”.

This is the debugDescription on a ChargeRequest.Error object returned from PosClient.parseChargeError in an onActivityResult call back.

This is an Android device running v2.0 of the Point of Sale API.

I am unable to reproduce it on my device and I am trying to gather more information about the circumstances in which it occurs but I was hoping this forum might be able to help me narrow down what could be causing this particular error?

Just re-reading my post gave me the idea to test something which turned out to be the issue.

The operator was double clicking the button which was launching Square twice. The error message was actually pretty self-explanatory in hindsight.

I solved by disabling the button on first click and enabling it again when the result comes in.

Hopefully this helps someone Googling because this error message does not appear in any results.

Thanks for sharing your findings for the community. :slightly_smiling_face: