Subscription is locked

I was in the process of changing the billing anchor date of a subscription. I have a subscription whose billing date is 23rd and the customer wanted to advance it to 15th. So when I set the billing anchor date as below:

curl https://connect.squareup.com/v2/subscriptions/XXXXX/billing-anchor \
  -X POST \
  -H 'Square-Version: 2024-02-22' \
  -H 'Authorization: Bearer XXXX \
  -H 'Content-Type: application/json' \
  -d '{
    "monthly_billing_anchor_date": 15
  }'

I got the response as:

"actions": [{"id": "ZZZZZ","type": "CHANGE_BILLING_ANCHOR_DATE","effective_date": "2024-05-16","monthly_billing_anchor_date": 15}

So I decided to delete the action with

curl https://connect.squareup.com/v2/subscriptions/XXXXXX/actions/ZZZZZ\
  -X DELETE \
  -H 'Square-Version: 2024-03-20' \
  -H 'Authorization: Bearer XXXX' \
  -H 'Content-Type: application/json'

Now I got the response as:

{"errors": [{"code": "INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR","detail": "Subscription ID `XXXXX` is locked and is not billable. Please retry or contact support.","category": "API_ERROR"}]}

Now I am not able to even retrieve the subscription. What should I do ?

What’s the subscription_id? :slightly_smiling_face:

7a104f60-a874-4d44-af1e-77d255abc2b8

And there is another subscription for whom I want to clear all the actions. Similar to the above subscription, I was trying to change the anchor date with customer’s permission. But I have not called delete action API as I thought maybe it will lock the subscription. Can you clear the actions for this subscription as well ?
Subscription id - c28ab37b-25ea-4cde-a378-79f21d36b58e

Can I get a reply on this ?

Hi Bryan, Can I get a reply ?

Are there multiple actions currently on the subscription? :slightly_smiling_face:

No. A single action for c28ab37b-25ea-4cde-a378-79f21d36b58e.
[{“id”: “XXXXX”,“type”: “CHANGE_BILLING_ANCHOR_DATE”,“effective_date”: “2024-05-18”,“monthly_billing_anchor_date”: 18}]

What about 7a104f60-a874-4d44-af1e-77d255abc2b8 ? Will this not be billed to the customer any more ? Why did the subscription get locked ?