Square for Restaurants - Recall previous customer's order

I know that there’s an option to add customer’s info to a directory, search them, and see their recent orders. But it would also be nice if there was a button to create a new order using one of the previous orders.

This is more useful for pickup/delivery customers that have specific modifications that they usually don’t even remember themselves.

This is probably one of the biggest reasons why I can’t let go of my other POS system yet because the recalling of old orders + caller ID is so seamless.

When you say button do you mean a button in the Square app that would clone the order? Otherwise with our APIs we have CloneOrder which allows you to duplicate an existing order. :slightly_smiling_face:

on the Square for Restaurants app specifically, when you go into a customer’s profile you can view previous transactions which, after selected, will show items that have been ordered for a previous transaction. ideally there would be a button or action there to create a new order with all of the items from the most recent order (or whichever one that was selected) so that items can be either quickly fired/modified/removed as needed

im not well versed in coding so i wouldn’t know how to implement something like this directly onto Square for Restaurants existing application.

We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team. :slightly_smiling_face: